We are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide, and recognise the importance of being clear about how we intend to use it.
All personal information provided by you through this website (the Website) will be under the control of Anchor Hanover Group acting as Data Controller and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). Our registered office is The Heal’s Building, Suites A&B, 3rd Floor, 22-24 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HJ. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and our registration number is Z7000835.
This privacy notice explains how we may use any personal information we collect about you when you use the Website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from November 2018.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that alone or combined with other information may identify you. Under the GDPR personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymised so that it does not allow you to be identified.
What personal information we may collect
When you visit the Website we may ask you for personal information to allow us to contact you to deal with your request or enquiry. This may be collected when you enter your details into any of the forms within the Website, such as those we have provided to contact us, provide us with feedback on our services, apply to join a resident influence group, signing up to receive Anchor Life Newsletter, or creating an account and profile. It may also be collected when you correspond with us by telephone, email or otherwise. We may also collect information about your activity whilst you use the Website or if you share any of its content by clicking the social media buttons.
The information we may collect from you includes the following personal information:
- If you ask us to contact you – your full name, email address, telephone number and any personal data you may choose to include within the free text box
- If you sign up to receive the Anchor Hanover Life Newsletter – your full name and email address
- If you create an account and profile – your full name, post and email address including your chosen password
- If you submit your post code or location to find a service and your home is the only property that uses that postcode – your full postal address
When you visit the Website and have chosen not to disable cookies – technical information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform as well as information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website, the pages viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to contact us.
If you apply for a job and complete and submit the on line application form and attach your CV – any personal data that you have included in that form and CV.
What is an Internet Protocol (IP) address?
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a computer or network device on the internet.
How we intend to use your personal information
We process the information held about you for a number of reasons and upon different legal bases depending on the reason for which we have collected or obtained your personal information. The main reasons we process your information are:
- To provide a service: this is necessary for the performance of, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into, a contract with you.
- To send you further information about our services or survey your opinion: we may also retain your details to provide you with information about our own service we think you may find interesting, or send you a survey about your experience with us. We will do this using the contact details you have provided. This is necessary in order to fulfil our legitimate interest in providing you with this information. Every time we contact you for such marketing purposes we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further marketing materials. The marketing section below and your account profile will provide you with further information regarding opting out.
- To deal with your account and profile: we may email you to confirm your email account or if you request a password reset because you have forgotten your password.
- If you are enquiring on behalf of someone else, we may need confirmation you are authorised to act on their behalf before we can discuss their personal details.
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented effectively, administer our Website and keep it safe and secure: This is done in order to comply with our legal obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Will my personal information be shared with other organisations?
The personal information that you give to us via the Website may be transferred to our third party providers who undertake the following online services on our behalf. These organisations are;
- LivePerson when you submit your details using the contact us page;
- SilverPop if you request a copy of our newsletter;
- Google maps if you enter your geographical information should you need directions to any of our locations;
- Career Builder if you submit an on line job application form and attach your CV;
- Share This if you choose to share any content of the Website by clicking the social media buttons such as Facebook, Twitter, You Tube or Google+; and
- Organisations who host the Website on our behalf.
We may also share your information with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- if we are required to do so by law;
- if Anchor Hanover or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we transfer our rights and duties under this Policy;
Any third parties that we share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of it in line with Anchor Hanover’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
All the above organisations will process your personal information inside the EEA.
All about our marketing
Where you have expressed an interest through submitting an enquiry, requesting information or selecting your email preferences within your profile, we may wish to contact you for marketing purposes to promote other related Anchor Hanover services to you or to ask you to take part in our survey. This could be by post, telephone, email or text message. We will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such marketing materials from us when we collect your information and each time we contact you we will check that you are happy to continue to receive further direct marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing material form us at any time by contacting us using the details shown below. We will not pass your personal details on to any other organisation for the purposes of marketing.